A bright knockout from Ukraine, a fighter of the first middle weight (up to 69.9 kg) Sergey Bogachuk (21-1, 21 KOs) is preparing for the next fight against American Nathaniel Gallimore (22-6-1, 17 KOs), which will take place on January 27 in Los Angeles.
Vinnichanin gave an interview for YouTube channel
Mixed Zone by Dream Biggerin which he expressed his opinion about the stars of Ukrainian boxing – the former champion in three categories Vasily Lomachenko (17-2, 11 KOs) and the unified champion of the heavyweight division (over 90.7 kg) according to the IBF / WBO / WBA versions Oleksandr Usyk (20-0 , 13 KOs).
— You are asked questions about Vasily Lomachenko. What do you think of his wonderful stance on the war?
— What can I think? If only I knew this person better. I think that he has friends on the other side, and friends on this side. Fans are there, and fans are here. He can’t decide. But I say, when the situation had already begun, he should have already made up his mind. But I’ll also say, I don’t know him as a person. If I talked to him, if I knew him as a person, as a person, then I could say something. And so I don’t know what his circumstances are, what his position is in general. Maybe he is for Ukraine, but he is afraid to talk about it so as not to offend someone on the other side there. I have absolutely no idea what’s going on in his head. But a wonderful, wonderful, very wonderful position. In general, when the war began – a very wonderful position, that so …
– Well, yes, now I’m either white or black, I think. Here is such a situation.
“Now we need to be specific. Because Usyk did it. Usyk is a good guy in this regard. Defined specifically. He is for Ukraine.
- Usyk addressed the Russians: “You are the Third Reich in all its manifestations”
– The way he sang a song before the fight with Anthony Joshua in a Cossack outfit is probably the best thing that Ukrainian boxing has seen in this regard since independence.
– You understand that not only does he do such things, what people see, what they talk about, he also does such things … I just read that he gave a lot of money to build houses for people who were homeless. The fact that he helps our military, supports and motivates all the time – it’s worth a lot. In the situation in which he is now – he has money, he has fame, he could have run away to another country a long time ago and live in peace for himself. But no, he comes back, he risks his life, he goes to the boys, he helps, he supports. In general, what questions can be asked to him? He is specifically with all his heart, with all his soul for Ukraine. He supports constantly both financially and morally. In general, what questions can be asked to him? How else can there be a question whether he is a traitor or not? I was once asked in an interview about this. He took a photo somewhere…
– With Kovalev.
– That he was photographed is a betrayal, but the fact that he helps, supports, all the time with Ukraine, supports it everywhere, shows around what is happening in general … How can you even ask such questions?
– No, now Oleksandr Usyk … We were talking about the sports front, this is the most striking example of the sports and non-sports front.
“He is a folk hero. First of all, for me he is a hero of Ukraine. He is a very good boxer, but for me he is a hero of Ukraine, a man with a capital letter.