Former light heavyweight world champion (up to 79.4 kg) Ukrainian Oleksandr Gvozdyk continues to prepare for his return to the ring. In one of the halls, he helps in the preparation of the former American super middleweight champion, and now light heavyweight Gilberto Ramirez (44-0, 30 KOs).
An American reporter wormed his way into the hall where
talked with Alexander before and after sparring with Ramirez. Gvozdyk expressed his opinion about the Canelo-Golovkin trilogy, a possible fight between the ex-champion in three categories Ukrainian Vasily Lomachenko (16-2, 10 KOs) and the undisputed lightweight champion (up to 61.2 kg) American Devin Haney (28-0, 15 KOs), a possible fight Usyk – Wilder and other fights.
– What can you say about Canelo win over Golovkin? You were there?
– Yes. It was a good fight. Good performance. Canelo did everything cleanly, without risk. He did an excellent job.
– A lot of talk about the fight between Spence and Crawford. Who do you think will win, Alex?
“I like Crawford because I like him as a fighter. Spence is stronger, but I think Crawford’s skills will be decisive. I know it’s a 50-50 fight, but I like Crawford.
Ryan Garcia or Tank?
— I like Tank. I think he is one of the best. He’s still explosive, strong. He has a complete fighting kit. I really enjoy watching his fights.
- Garcia and Davis almost got into a fight in a nightclub. How it was: versions of the parties
– And who is your favorite in the Lomachenko-Haney fight?
– I don’t know what condition Lomachenko is now. A year ago, I would have had a favorite Lomachenko, but now I won’t say so.
– Due to downtime?
– Yes. Haney fought for the absolute champion, gained confidence.
“But Lomachenko is a difficult fight for anyone.
– Oh yeah. That’s for sure.
— Alex, I would like to see you in a rematch with Beterbiev.
Yes, it might happen someday. Let’s see.
– What can you say about the fight Golovkin – Charlo?
– I do not know. We saw Golovkin’s age. Golovkin is still at the top, but when will he fight again? In six months, in a year, or in another year, when he will be 42?
– Usyk – Wilder, who will win? You know them both.
– This is a good fight. I think Usyk will come out victorious.
— Wilder has a bazooka.
– That’s the biggest question – can he cause problems.
– One hit.
Yes, Wilder can knock anyone out.
- Wilder: “I heard about Usyk’s situation…”
– Jake Paul – Anderson Silva, who will win?
Let’s hope Anderson Silva.
Are you rooting for Anderson?
— OK, Jake vs Mayweather?
There isn’t much left of Mayweather. You saw him. He does great things for himself, but don’t see him as a real threat. Jake will be too big. He is fresh, he is young.
Is there anyone you, Alex, want to fight?
– Name me someone.
— Jake Paul?
Yes, Jake Paul, Logan Paul. I can fight both of them in one night.
— Alex, you are in shape, you have sparred with Canelo, Benavidez, which famous people have you sparred with?
— With Zurdo [смеётся].
[после спарринга с Рамиресом]
How did Zurdo spar? Does he look like he hasn’t sparred yet?
“It’s all preparation.
[подошёл Рамирес, поблагодарил Гвоздика за отличную работу в ринге]
– What do you think will happen in the fight between Ramirez and Bivol in Abu Dhabi?
“It’s a big fight because I don’t think Bivol has fought guys like that. He is very different from Canelo. He is tall and has a large arm span. He reaches out to you. You have to keep a long distance.
- Bivol with the team is already in Abu Dhabi: shot of the day
– And on the night of the fight, he will obviously be more than 80 kg.
– Of course. He will be bigger.
And he’s left-handed. After all, everyone fights with right-handers. You don’t fight a southpaw every day. Have you sparred with Bivol?