The promoter of the WBC world heavyweight champion (over 101.6 kg) British Tyson Fury (33-0-1, 24 KOs) Frank Warren (Queensberry Promotions) in
interview for a local news portal commented on the organization of the fight for the title of absolute world champion against the unified IBF / WBO / WBA champion Ukrainian Oleksandr Usyk (20-0, 13 KOs).
The British functionary spoke about the stage of negotiations with K2 Promotions Ukraine, answered questions about the venue of the future fight and the details of the contract.
– Regarding the fight with Usyk … You said that the contract is being drawn up. When did it happen?
— I think, somewhere in the last couple of days or something like that.
— What do you expect? Are there still barriers or inconsistencies?
– Well, it’s like everywhere else. There’s a discussion you’re talking about that the lawyers move into the contract. They (the opposing side) send it to their lawyers. I’m sure there are things they would like to change. But there is nothing unusual about this. It’s like buying a house. You agreed on all the conditions, and then the lawyers turn on. And two sit on the throne until you are where you need to be.
- “A very difficult job for Usyk.” British coach on the fight between Alexander and Fury
– By the way, for me personally now – this is a sore subject. We spoke with Alex Krasyuk, Usyk’s promoter, a few weeks ago, right before Christmas. He said, just like you, that everything is very close to completion. He said three countries in the Middle East were vying to host the bout. He said Britain was the fallback. I guess because of the money. At what stage are we now in terms of choosing a location?
– The way it is. This is, in fact, our position now. We must complete the contract. As soon as we do it, then we will see where we will spend it. We have to work very fast because everyone wants to fight in early March. So we all have to hurry. We are all on the same wavelength as far as I know. We must complete this quickly. Then we can announce the fight and put it up for sale.
– Tell us an idea how a contract works without specifying a venue? Right now it’s based on the percentage section of the fee, but will the real numbers come later?
— I don’t want to go into any details of the contract, because we have a confidentiality agreement and all of us do not discuss what is in the contract. But we all know where we are and at what stage. Like I said, let’s hope we’re on the same wavelength to make this work.