Manager of the unified heavyweight champion (over 90.7 kg) from Ukraine Oleksandr Usyk (20-0, 13 KOs), also representing the interests of the former champion in three categories Ukrainian Vasily Lomachenko (17-2, 11 KOs) Egis KlimaWith gave
flash interview for an American reporter.
The blogger asked Egis why it took so long to agree on Usyk’s fight for the title of absolute champion against the WBC title holder Briton Tyson Fury (33-0-1, 24 KOs). Klimas expressed his opinion on this matter, expressed his personal vision of a fair distribution of the fee, and also commented on the words of the WBA World lightweight champion American Gervonta Davis (28-0, 26 KOs) about the fight between Haney and Lomachenko.
Why doesn’t anyone want to fight Usyk? Answers after answers.
– If you get Usyk and Fury in the same room, the deal can be closed in 5 minutes. But there are a lot of people around this whole thing who are trying to squeeze out all sorts of deals.
50/50 is fair.
– 50 to 50…
– 75 to 25 – unfair. Usyk has three belts, Fury has one.
– I would even say 60/40 in favor of Usyk. And I’m not greedy. But people around are trying to squeeze out all sorts of deals. That’s why you see all this nonsense going on. As for the fighters, both want to fight.
Fury is afraid.
– No, you can’t say about a fighter that he is afraid. If he was afraid, he would not have such a record. But the people around are always a problem.
“Krasyuk should shut up.” Arum is outraged by the methods of the Ukrainian promoter
“I interviewed Gervonta Davis this week and asked him: “Who will win: Loma or Haney?” By the way, today is Lomachenko’s birthday. Congratulations to him… And he chose Lomachenko. What do you think of it?
Loma, happy birthday! It looks like Davis knows boxing.
We are waiting for the announcement. Bob Arum talked about May 20th.
– Yes. Maybe next week we will hear an announcement.
– It’s a big fight. For all belts in 61.2 kg.