The WBA world super champion in light heavyweight (up to 79.4 kg) Russian Dmitry Bivol (20-0, 11 KOs) gave a short interview to the American news portal after a resounding victory over the pound-for-pound leader and the absolute champion of the second middleweight (up to 76.2 kg) Mexican Canelo Alvarez (57-2-2, 39 KOs).
Dmitry appreciated his performance, compared Canelo and former middleweight champion American David Benavidez (25-0, 22 KOs), and also answered the question about a possible fight against the unified champion from Canada Artur Beterbiev (17-0, 17 KOs).
Tendril? Which Usyk? Canelo Alvarez failed Bivol – report WMMAA
– You said yesterday that “I am now set to fight,” but after the fight, how are you?
– I need time. It takes time to feel something.
Haven’t felt it yet?
– Not. Well, I felt like I did my job. Did well and won.
Canelo did everything right, look at Bivol’s hand – ex-promoter of Alvarez
How would you rate your fight?
– 8 out of 10, probably. At 7 maybe.
How do you rate Canelo? Did you imagine what it would be, perhaps, and did it live up to your expectations?
– Approximately justified. I imagined that he would hit hard. Invest in shoulder strikes. Left side beat. I basically expected. I didn’t expect him to be such a sensitive boxer, with such a good boxing feel.
“I said I apologized to Eddie Hearn for upsetting his plans for Gennady Golovkin.
– We will see. We need to talk to the team.
– I think that you don’t really need it, this revenge.
– Well, why not? To be honest, to make money – why not. But I have already received satisfaction from the fight, from my challenge.
Bivol and Canelo Alvarez rematch date announced
Do you think he’ll have a chance?
– There are always chances. This is boxing. An athlete always has reasons why he lost. He can voice these reasons today. Perhaps he has already spoken. They are always there.
– You sparred with David Benavidez. Before the fight with you, everyone said that Benavidez would beat Canelo. Do you think Benavidez can beat Canelo?
– Honestly I do not know. They just need to box.
– Who hits harder?
Canelo is investing more, of course.
Who has better defense?
– They are both about the same in protection.
– Who quickly?
Yes, they are probably the same.
Are you aiming for a fight with Beterbiev?
– We will see. I don’t know. I’m after the fight, let me rest a little. You ask me such questions.
“People will say: “I didn’t ask, stupid interview.”
“I want to have all the belts. But let’s see. Let’s see how things turn out.