The former holder of three titles in lightweight (up to 61.2 kg), as well as the ex-champion in the featherweight (up to 57.2 kg) and second featherweight categories (up to 59 kg), Ukrainian Vasily Lomachenko (17-2, 11 KOs) gave
flash interview for an American journalist before the UFC 285 tournament in Las Vegas.
Vasily spoke about the meeting with the former champion in two categories, American Shakur Stevenson (19-0, 9 KOs), whom Bob Arum (Top Rank Promotions) proposes as opponents to the winner of the fight between Haney and Lomachenko. The Ukrainian ex-champion also commented on the statement addressed to him by the popular American fighter Ryan Garcia (23-0, 19 KOs).
– Welcome to Vegas. How is the Top Rank hall?
– Thank you, thank you. Very good.
– You and Shakur talked a little. Tell me what.
– We talked a little.
Does he want the winner of your fight against Haney?
We didn’t talk about the future. We only talked about my next fight.
– And he asked if you were fighting on May 20?
“And you said you must be in Las Vegas?”
– I hope.
Haney’s interview on Lomachenko: “I’m giving him a chance he didn’t give me”
We all hope. But you feel good. You look fit.
– You came to support Venum and the UFC?
— [Климас] Support Lomachenko.
— [Ломаченко смеётся]
The whole world will watch your fight. By the way, Ryan Garcia… We did an interview with you, and you said that you choose Tank Davis as the winner. And after that, Ryan said he wanted to break you. Have you seen it?
– What do you think about it?
– I don’t care. He is always talking. Just chatting. That’s all.
– Your message to the fans, those who watch you, love and support you.
– Thank you. Thanks a lot to those who support me and see you soon.
“This is my second chance.” Interview with Vasily Lomachenko
– You are very serious. You train even on your day off.
– Yes. As always.
Will Jon Jones win today?
– I don’t know. Don’t know. May be.
— You know, Tank will be here too?
– Yes? Ah, yes, I saw a photo of him with Jon Jones.
– Fine. Thanks Lomachenko.