Former world champion in four weight classes, American Roy Jones Jr. attended the third fight between Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin, where he answered questions from the British media.
commented the desire of the unified heavyweight champion (over 90.7 kg) Ukrainian Oleksandr Usyk (20-0, 13 KOs) to face off against former US champion Deontay Wilder (42-2-1, 41 KOs). Roy also commented on other possible fights in the heavyweight division and other weight categories.
Fury – Joshua, do you like this fight?
“Great opportunity for Joshua to come back. Great fight. British fans deserve it. They are the best boxing fans and they deserve it.
– What chances do you give Joshua in the fight with Fury? Good ones?
– There is a small chance because of the striking power and athleticism. It always matters. He has a chance, but Fury is smart right here [показывает на висок]I think.
– How do you think Chris Eubank will fight Conor Ben in a couple of weeks?
– It should be pretty easy. He (Eubank) is bigger.
What do you think about the fact that Terence Crawford finally reached an agreement with Errol Spence?
“This is a great fight for the fans and for boxing.
- Crawford or Spence? Mikey Garcia forced to name the favorite
Usyk called Wilder, what do you think?
— [поменялся на лице] Great fight! Great fight! I love him. It’s hard to pick a winner because Wilder can hit and Usyk is a good counter-puncher. So let’s see. It’s a damn good fight!
Is Ruiz vs Wilder a good fight?
Yes, but Wilder will put up with Ruiz because he (Ruiz) is “short”. The mustache is a completely different puzzle. It’s a damn good fight! Ruiz is also a good fight. If Ruiz gets through the first three rounds, he will have a chance. But Usyk is a really good fight!