Former world champion Ukrainian Oleksandr Gvozdyk gave
flash interview to an American blogger immediately after the end of the fight between the WBA Super light heavyweight title holder (up to 79.4 kg) Russian Dmitry Bivol (20-0, 11 KOs) and the undisputed second middleweight champion (up to 76.2 kg) from Mexico Canelo Alvarez ( 57-2-2, 39 KOs).
Recall that last night Bivol defended the title, confidently defeating Alvarez on points.
Note that Alexander was Canelo’s sparring partner during Bivol’s training camp and believes that the Mexican did enough to defeat the Russian champion.
What do you think about today’s match?
– A decent fight, equal. Honestly, I liked Canelo more. I think he did enough to win. Well, the judges assessed it this way, maybe they know better. I think it was a smart fight from Canelo. You saw these defensive moves that Canelo did. They may have forgotten to count them. Every time your opponent misses, it should count. He did a lot of that. I don’t know what happened. Maybe I need to rewatch the fight on tape.
“I didn’t lose.” Canelo Alvarez made a statement after the fight with Bivol
– If they have a rematch, what do you think about it?
– I don’t know. If it happens, it will definitely be an interesting fight. Because now Bivol has confidence. We will see.
– Your message to Canelo if he’s watching?
– You’re a strong guy. I liked the fight. I think you did enough to win the fight. What happened, happened. You’ll do better in the rematch.