IBF / WBC / WBO light heavyweight title holder (up to 79.4 kg) Canadian Artur Beterbiev (18-0, 18 KOs) in
interview promotional company Queensberry Promotions commented on the information that his future opponent, ex-contender from Britain Anthony Yarde (23-2, 22 KOs), while at the Fury-Chisora 3 fight, received advice from the unified heavyweight champion (over 90.7 kg) Oleksandr Usyk (20-0, 13 KOs).
Beterbiev also spoke about the duel of views between Usyk and the WBC champion from Britain Tyson Fury, and responded to a request for a forecast for their possible duel.
– Anthony Yarde sat next to Oleksandr Usyk during the fight (Fury – Chisora 3). Near a person you know well. Anthony Yard said Oleksandr Usyk gave him some advice. He didn’t say what exactly, but said he gave some advice. What do you think of this and how can it help?
– I dont know. [смеётся] If it helps him, then fine.
– Don’t you think that Usyk could give him some hints or directions that might help him in the fight?
– That’s what Usyk could give him?
– I believe Usyk boxed with you as an amateur several times. So he knows you when Anthony Yarde never boxed you.
– Yes. AND… [смеётся]
- “We have already offered Usyk a fight.” Beterbiev’s interview
– I dont know. Anthony Yarde simply said that he was given some advice, but did not say what kind of advice it was. What do you think about the duel of views of Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk? You were there and you should have seen it.
— I saw it on Instagram, but not there. Tyson Fury does his job very well. They do good promotion, good boxing.
– How do you see this fight going if it happens? Usyk vs Fury, what is your prediction for this fight?
I haven’t seen this fight yet. When they fight, then we’ll know [смеётся]. After that I will tell you what it was like.