Published on 31 July 2014
The second World MMA Championship will be held in Minsk, Belarus on the 11-th and 12-th of September.
The last national championship have already been held and the best amateur athletes that will vie against each on the world stage in search of gold have already been identified.
World MMA Championship will of course be carried out in accordance with the rules and requirements of World MMA Association.
Individual team competitions will be held in 6 traditional weight categories with individual team classification among the participating countries. Aloowed to participate are males from 18 years+.
The venue for the World Championship is the Chizhovka Arena, a multi-use indoor arena in Minsk, Belarus. It is intended mostly for concerts, ice hockey and other indoor sporting events. The arena has a capacity of ~9,600 people. It was used as one of two main venues for the 2014 Men’s World Ice Hockey Championships. The arena was officially opened on December 25, 2013.
You can visit the official site of the venue.
The main goals of the event are:
– Determination of the strongest sportsmen and teams of the World; – Development and promotion of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) worldwide; – Improvement of judges and coaches qualification and sportsmen’s level of training; – Involvement of different groups of people in active lifestyle;
– Expansion of cooperation in the sphere of development of MMA in the world.
The 2014 World Championship under the WMMAA auspices will be organized in cooperation with:
– World Mixed Marital Arts Association; – Ministry of Sports and Tourism of the Republic of Belarus; – Minsk City Executive Committee;
– Non-governmental association “Belarusian Federation of combat and mixed martial arts”.
Preparation for the championship is carried out by Organizing Committee. The Judges committee is directly responsible for the competitions. The head of the Judges Committee of the World MMA Championship is Radmir Gabdullin (Russia).
The World MMA Championship schedule:
September 10, 2014
– before 16.00: arrival of participants;
– 16.00-19.00 – Credentials Comission and medical examination of participants of competition, weigh ins;
– 19.00 – seminar for judges/referees, who are serving the championship, team representatives meeting;
September 11, 2014
– 10.00 – preliminary and semi-final bouts;
September 12, 2014
– 18.00 – final bouts;
September 13, 2014
– departure of competition participants.
Please find the requirements, rules, regulations et cetera here.
Download SocComments v1.3